The Macari Centre welcomes anyone in need of accommodation, and is able to accept both self-referrals and people referred by other agencies.
Anyone presenting at the Centre for the first time will undergo an initial assessment by Macari Centre staff.
Although this is a relatively informal conversation, staff are required to gather as much information as possible to determine suitability and offer accommodation. This will include:
- full name – with, if possible, accompanying proof of identification (passport, driving licence or national insurance documentation);
- any next of kin and/or family information;
- area(s) of residence within the last six months;
- last residential address;
- any connections to the local area (Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire Moorlands and South Staffordshire);
- current GP practice registered with;
- any prescribed medication currently being taken.
To aid the safeguarding of our staff and other residents, we will also ask about any current or previous criminal charges or convictions, and about drug or substance use, including alcohol consumption.
We are always open and honest with our guests and ask them to be equally honest in return.
We fully respect the privacy of all our customers and wish to assure anyone presenting at the Macari Centre that this information is requested solely with the intention of providing the best support we can offer.
The information will not be disclosed outside of approved Macari Centre personnel. It may be shared with external agencies at appropriate times in the future, but only with the permission of the resident.
Assuming that this initial review is satisfactory, accommodation will be provided, if available, and deemed appropriate for the person presenting.