The Macari Centre is intended to be a safe space for guests, where they can benefit from a secure environment without fear or discrimination.
Guests staying at the Macari Centre are required to be respectful to other guests, staff and visitors to the Centre.
Aggressive or abusive behaviour, racism, and discrimination of any sort will not be tolerated. Any person found to be breaching this may have their tenancy at the Macari Centre terminated.
The Macari Foundation issue the following rules, which all guests staying at the Macari Centre are required to abide by:
- The use of the dwelling is for residential purposes as the guest’s only home and not to operate a business at the dwelling, nor to use the dwelling for any illegal purposes.
- Guests are not permitted to smoke in the building or anywhere on the premises – smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking areas.
- They must not bring, or take/consume or deal any illegal substances within the premises.
- They must not deliberately cause nuisance.
- They must not commit any form of harassment, which interferes with the peace, comfort of, or causes offence to others.
- They must not commit any act which results in serious disruption of another guest’s right to peaceful occupation or to commit any act that results in harm to others.
- They must not have any material (printed or electronic) on the dwelling that may cause offence to others.
- Animals/pets are not permitted onto the site or to be kept at the dwelling.
- They are required to help keep the dwelling clean and tidy, and in good condition.
- They must not remove or make any alteration to the dwelling or any fixtures and fittings provided, or to use any heating other than that provided.
- They are requested to report promptly any disrepair or defect to and in the property.
- They must allow access to the Centre’s staff or their representatives in order to provide services as detailed in this agreement.
- They must give the Centre vacant possession when leaving and to remove all personal possessions and rubbish, and leave the dwelling and the fixtures and fittings in good condition and repair. The agent accepts no responsibility for anything left at the dwelling by the guest at the end of the tenancy.
- They must comply with any health and safety or fire instructions given by the Centre and not to engage in conduct that is likely to endanger the health and safety of staff or other guests.
- They must agree to engage with relevant agencies that will visit the centre on a daily basis.
These rules are subject to review and alteration without notice. They are compiled in order to help the Macari Centre operate a facility which is fair to all customers and discourages behaviour which may jeopardise the ongoing operation of the Centre.