The Macari Foundation provides intensive support and emergency accommodation to homeless adults within the Stoke-on-Trent area.
We are looking to recruit a number of exceptional Support Workers to join our team at The Macari Street Retreat, Hanley.
The role of a Support Worker within the Macari Foundation is key to achieving successful outcomes for our guests. As a motivated and committed individual, your role will involve addressing guests’ support needs and empowering them to lead more sustainable lifestyles.
You will also be required to complete activities to assist with the day to day running of the centre, including administration tasks.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of the benefits system and an understanding of supported housing funding streams and reporting requirements
- Understanding of legislation relating to Health and Safety and safeguarding of guests and staff
- Knowledge of the main support needs which are commonly faced by homeless and vulnerable guests.
Appointments are subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK and a satisfactory disclosure check.
Please send a covering email and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no fixed deadline for applications for these positions and we welcome enquiries from any persons with relevant experience or qualifications interested in becoming part of the team at the Macari Foundation.